Thursday, October 27, 2011

Training - 23 Days Until LHF Race - 5Mile EZ

Had a nice easy run this morning. It was a little cold to start, but ideally it was the perfect running weather because you don't have to worry about getting hot and overheated.. Ran with a buddy and we knocked out the 5.28 mile course in 47 minutes for 8:54 mile.

This nice easy run was needed. It felt good to run, but my legs have been sore and my right hamstring is still pretty tight. I needed a run that was just nice and relaxed. It is great to be able to still get outside to run.

I feel like my running legs are finally back after shaking out the rust. I have had some good runs lately. It is important to not push it every single time.

I am starting to finally realize how important it is to really listen to your body. Once you can get dialed in with the signals the body sends your way, then training really does become enjoyable.

Another long day of teaching and parent teacher conferences again today. Have a great Thursday.

No comments: