Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Training - 25 Days Until LHF Race - 7.5 Mile Run

Got up this morning feeling tired. My legs were still slightly sore and tired from the bike ride and the 7 mile run Sunday night. I took yesterday off after a bad night of sleep. I had not put in for a rest day so I took one after going strong for several days. I am not sure if I will get the lifting made up this week with parent teacher conferences, but I think I will survive.

I headed out this morning to get a 7 mile run in. I needed a longer run as I won't be able to run tomorrow morning as I have an international teacher meeting. I have a rest day again tomorrow so I thought I could push the distance some knowing I have rest tomorrow.

I started off slow. My legs were tight. My right hamstring has been pretty tight lately and it took a few miles for it to loosen up. I was not worried about time as much as I was the last run. I just needed a nice pace and some mileage.

Here are my mile breakdowns
Mile1: 8:53
Mile 2: 8:41
Mile 3: 8:31
Mile 4: 8:13
Mile 5: 8:06
Mile 6: 8:00
Mile 7: 7:50
Mile 7.5: 3:50

I finished up the run in 62 minutes for 8:16 average pace. This was a nice run. It felt good to be outside. The weather was perfect except for a few wind gusts here and there. Looking at my mile times it always amazes me how my times go down. While out running I don't even realize that I am running faster and faster. As the body warms up it just naturally picks up speed.

Happy Tuesday and off to start a long day of teaching and parent teacher conferences.

I almost forgot to mention about how I almost literally pooped my pants this morning. I was running and I heard this noise over my headphones. I started looking around thinking it was a bike or something. Where I was running it was almost pitch black. Suddenly, I see a movement on the ground and literally about a foot from my feet there was a huge raccoon running across. I jumped like no other. It scared me half to death. It was the last thing I was expecting. That is a great way to get your adrenaline pumping for sure.

No comments: