Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Training - 32 Days Until LHF Race

Woke up this morning quite sore from my circuit workout yesterday. My abs and core area are quite tender as I have not worked my body like that in quite some time.

I got up and did my usual morning routine only to find my iPod completely dead. I had to putz around for an additional 15 minutes or so while my iPod charged. That 15 minutes was a mental battle to not lose my focus for getting outside and running.

I feel like I am back at square one on so many levels. It really is amazing how quickly things can fade when you let them. This would be my first run in a week since my 4 mile run in San Diego.

I took off this morning and like usual I felt great. I felt so great that I think I took off too fast. I eventually got myself into a good pace. I tried a new route only to find it not as long as I mentally mapped it out so when I was closer to my house I checked the mileage to find it much shorter than expected. The bad thing was that I felt like I had been running forever.

I ended up running 4 miles in 33:35 for 8:19 mile pace. I am happy with that. My mile splits were 8:31, 8:27, 8:16, 8:02. I pushed my body, but it has recovered quite well. If  I can get back into my running routine, then I think everything will fall back into place.

The one thing I am struggling with right now is creating a plan for this 7 mile run. I guess at this point it is a matter of getting my legs and stamina back and slowly building just beyond the 7 mile distance to stay fresh and back in shape.

It was definitely a little chilly this morning, but I found it to be great running weather. Enjoy the days while we can before the snow and ice decide to move us all inside.

Have a great Tuesday and continue GETTING IT DONE!

No comments: