Tuesday, November 1, 2011

The Game Boy Returns to the Maurer Lifestyle

IMG_1533


Yesterday I had school and my kids did not. This means they are at the daycare all day. Aiden always begs for something to bring because his friends always bring their Nintendo DS's to play all day. Aiden does not have one. I think he has enough videogame/screen time as it is between my Mac and iPad, but perhaps Santa Claus will be nice this year.

Anyways, I told him that he could bring my Game Boy. He was interested as he had no idea what a Game Boy was/is. I told him how this was the original Nintendo DS. I went back into my bins of old video games and tracked it down. It was still in working condition and ready to rock and roll. He tested out a few games and without my influence picked my favorite Game Boy game - Kirby's Pinball Land.

I could not help but laugh with pride as he carried the Game Boy up the driveway. He was quite fascinated with the Game Boy and could not believe that this used to be the cream of the crop.

It worked. It was a success, but I think he is ready to venture back to the world of Plants vs. Zombies. I think I might have to venture back to the good old days of 8-bit land.




No comments: