Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Training - 18 Days Until LHF Race

This morning I decided to actually create a more specific plan to my training in regards to my race.The last few weeks I have been running about 3-4 times a week with one long bike ride on the weekend. I don't think I was doing anything wrong, but I feel like I was not really dialed in to what my body needs. I was neglecting the change of run plans from short - medium - long runs with some being easy runs. I went back to my half marathon plan from two years ago and decided to use the the last three weeks of that training to help me get ready.

This week calls for 30 miles. I probably won't run 30 miles as that is too big of a jump in mileage from where I have been running lately, but I will aim for around 25 miles. Mapping out a specific run plan really helps me mentally. Not having that clear vision makes it too easy to make excuses. With a plan I feel like a failure if I don't stick with my plan.

Today I went out for a 3 mile EZ run. This was a nice run this morning. I ran the 3.08 miles in 25:15 for 8:12 pace. I took it very light as my legs were tired from the run yesterday. It felt weird only running 3 miles, but having the plan I know it will work. I have a few more easy runs this week before going out for a longer run this weekend.

I feel much better having a plan. It instantly changes my mindset for the race

Now I just need to dial in my eating. I have putting in way too many empty calories. This is my favorite time of year with food and desserts. I am trying not to get too worked up about it, but I have worked hard to get my weight down while training for the marathon and I don't want all that hard work to be lost before I begin some serious training come January. It is about maintenance, but gaining a little over 2 lbs since last week is not maintenance. Halloween candy does not help matters at all either.

I know it will all work out and I will find a way to continue living my motto of GETTING IT DONE!

No comments: