Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Training - 3 Days Remaining Until LHF Race - BRRRR! Cold 5 Miles

Wowsers was it cold this morning. This was the first run where I really needed a pair of gloves. I ordered a pair of running gloves but they do not arrive until next week. I really wanted to get in a 7 mile run this morning but I fell back asleep for about 20 minutes after my alarm so I was not able to get out at an earlier than normal start time to accomplish this. In hindsight it was probably a good thing I did not go 7 miles today as I have a very busy week of excercise and training through Sunday.

Instead I went out for a 5 mile run. I wanted to go nice and easy, but it was just too cold to be out any longer than needed. I started off slow around 8:22 for the first mile and slowly warming up for a 8:05 second mile. By this point I decided to slowly pick up the pace to get the run done. Mile 3 was 7:50, mile 4 7:38, and mile 5 was 7:32. I was feeling really good running. I could have kept going. I hope I feel the same way Saturday for my race.

One spot on my leg left has been nagging me lately. The tendon/ligament/whatever on the outside of my leg right above my ankle bone has been giving me some sharp pains while out running. I need to keep an eye on this as I continue to run.

I finished up the 5.2 mile run in 40:56 for 7:52 pace. I will knock out another run tomorrow, swim Friday, race Saturday, swim Sunday, play basketball Sunday, and then collapse Sunday night. GETTING IT DONE! in November will only make Thanksgiving taste that much better!

No comments: