Thursday, December 1, 2011

Triathlon Training: Week 1 - Run and Weights

Normally on Thursdays I meet up with the crazies for a run starting at PV. I knew that in order to get in some weight lifting I needed to pass on this great run and head to the Y. I jumped on the dreadmill for a 25 minute run. The plan was to run 25 minutes at a 6-7/10 pace where it is not super hard, but moderate. In order to keep my sanity I decided to up the mix and increase my speed every 5 minutes. I actually never really felt like this was a hard run so I was rather surprised. I ended running 4 miles in 29:53 which is a 7:27 mile pace. Not too bad considering the slow pace I started at to get loose. I was running 9.0 - 9.5 mph for the latter part of 10 -12 minutes at the end. It felt good to be moving and not feeling tired.

I finished up the run and by this point I was a sweaty mess. I have not broke out in a sweat like that in a long time. I moved over the weights to knock out a few rounds of Total Body Fitness Endurance plan that I wanted to try out. I did three rounds of the following:

1. DB Push-Up Rows - 10 Push-Ups/5 Rows each arm with 25 lbs
2. Sumo Squat w/ DB - 25lbs(I went light as to not cause any injury)
3. Mountain Climbers - 25
4. Pull-Ups - 7
5. 8 Count Body Builders - 8 Total

This workout kicked my butt. I had plans to do five rounds, but due to time constraints and fatigue three rounds was all I could muster. I realized that I am super tight when I was performing the Sumo Squat. My hamstrings need to become more flexible. I was very surprised that I was able to knock out the 7 pull-ups each time. The 8 Count Body Builders really worked me out. I was so out of breath at the end.

Writing this up later I am tired. My body feels worn out. I don't know if I am getting sick or what. My stomach was on edge all morning. I have been battling stomach pains and issues for about a week now. It is driving me crazy. I feel like I am slowly wearing out so I am thinking I am battling an illness as today my head hurts.

It did feel good to get a workout in today. Back to the pool tomorrow. I hope my trainer arrives today so I can ride my bike this weekend.

Have a great Thursday. GETTING IT DONE! is on the prowl. Look to get yourself motivated and jump on the bandwagon.

No comments: