Sunday, January 1, 2012

It Is Official.....Ironman 70.3 Racine, WI, Here I Come

I made it real today. What better way to start off 2012 than to sign up for my first 70.3 Ironman Race. I will be heading to RACINE, WI on 7.15.12.


I am not going to lie, it took me two days to fill out the application. I chickened out yesterday. There is something "final" about signing up for a race. I have been training for this, but I had an escape route. This morning I finished the application and submitted the money.

It is not cheap so that helps further cement the fact that on July 15th, 2012 I will be in Racine, WI attempting to tear up a 1.2 mile swim / 56 mile bike / 13.1 mile run.

Yes, I am nervous. I will not lie. I was pitting out just filling out the application. Now it is official. Time to work hard the next 6 months to prep and prepare for this.

Being that I have so much time I not simply heading into this race to simply finish, but to push my body to the limit and see what I can do. I have been training for 5 weeks and have 27 more weeks in my training plan to be ready to rock this race.


GETTING IT DONE! just go real.


Now, time to enjoy my day of rest with family and continue training tomorrow.

(I cannot believe it is real. No turning back now!!)



2 comments:

josiahcampbell said...

Congrats on signing up, that alone takes serious commitment. Keep being an inspiration!

Aaron Maurer said...

Thanks! It is people like you that keep me motivated so things go full circle.