Monday, February 6, 2012

Looking for my first Tri Bike - Any thoughts or advice?

I have had some knee issues as of the last few weeks while riding my bike. I have purchased a Fuji Road Bike and been feeling good about the purchase, but as I continue to increase my workload and aim for a good time in my first Half Ironman I keep thinking about moving to an actual tri bike. I have bigger goals of just finishing, but I want to provide a good time.

I know that my current bike will get me from point A to point B. However, I want a little more. I also have the same issues as many of you out there - I don't have a lot of funds. I am teacher, parent of 3 children, and the bills of daily life and daycare suck the money out of our account faster than a two year sucking on their own snot.

With the knee issues I have experienced lately I thought that now would be a good time to purchase the bike, get properly fitted and get moving in the right direction.

So, here is where you all come in - what do you suggest? Do you know of any deals?

I am tall so I need about a big of a bike as possible. I stand about 6'3'' - 6'4'' and weigh around 210.

Healthy Habits, a local bike shop in my town has the following bike on sale - http://healthyhabitsqc.com/about/2009-specialized-transition-e5-comp-pg648.htm

I honestly know very little about bikes so not even sure if it is a decent buy or not.

I am not picky, but just need to keep things at $1500 or less. $1500 would be stretching it quite a bit, but I could make it work if need be.

I know this does not give me many options. Perhaps one of the bike companies would just like to send me one to test and review. That sure would be nice!

No comments: