Thursday, October 11, 2012

AdvoCare 10 Day Cleanse - What it is and my update through Day 4

Alright, to help me get back on track with fitness and health I have decided to give AdvoCare products a try. I have talked to several people who currently use AdvoCare products and I finally caved in to the products.

I will tell you that they have been very beneficial to helping me get on track and staying on track.

As part of jump start to quit being a slob after my 6 week break I am doing the 10 Day Cleanse. This is the first part of the 24 Day Challenge that helps people lose weight and get back on track. I am not real concerned with weight loss(although a few lbs would not hut), but I am more concerned with establishing some good eating habits and getting rid of toxins in my body.

The products are great. I can tell a HUGE difference already. My coffee consumption is at zero or no more than one cup a day. The only caffeine I consume is one AdvoCare SPARK a day. I did have a headache yesterday as I have drastically lowered my caffeine consumption from 1.5 pots of coffee a day to one SPARK. However, I have never felt better. I have more energy than ever before and my sleeping is already putting me on track for better production during the day.

Caffeine reduction was one goal of mine. The other reasons I feel good is the food. This cleanse has me eliminating sugar, white bread/flour. alcohol, dairy, and other items that are not good for you. I have been sticking to a clean diet of fruits, vegetables, chicken, salad, water, AdvoCare meal replacement drinks, and oatmeal. I have never felt better. Honestly! If I felt like crap I would say so.

I am not attributing all this Advocare products. The products help. The products help me stay on track. I wake up and take my AdvoCare Catalyst before I train along with Arginine Extreme. I use the Rehydrate drink and gel while training and then fuel my body with healthy food all day. Supplements cannot change who you are. You have to be willing to change. AdvoCare can help people to reach their goal of changing. I have been tracking my food on a Google Document and here are the first two days.

Monday, October 8th
* 5:10 - AdvoCare Spark with 3 Catalyst
* 5:45 - AdvoCare Fiber Drink
* 6:30 - 7:00 - AdvoCare MRP
* 9:15 - Banana
* 10:40 - AdvoBar
* 11:45 - Salad w/ tomato and Ranch Spritzer, two chicken breasts (slow cooker chicken burritos)
* 2:55 - 2 servings of raw almonds, nuts, cashews
* 3:45 - few carrots with Ranch Spritzer
* 5:00 - Buffalo Turkey Lettuce Wraps, salad
* 6:40 - TeeCino
*9:00 - Advocare Herbal Cleanse

Tuesday, October 9th
* 4:40 - AdvoCare Spark (1/2 serving) with 3 Catalyst, Advocare Arginine Exteme
* 6:10 - YMCA Cup of Coffee
* 6:30 - AdvoCare Fiber Drink
* 7:00 - AdvoCare MRP
* 9:15 - Banana
* 10:40 - AdvoBar
* 11:45 - Salad w/ tomato and Ranch Spritzer, two chicken breasts (slow cooker chicken burritos)
* 2:55 - 2 servings of raw almonds, nuts, cashews
* 3:45 - few carrots with Ranch Spritzer
* 5:00 - Buffalo Turkey Lettuce Wraps, salad
* 6:40 - TeeCino
* 9:00 - Advocare Herbal Cleanse
* 9: 15: Banana
* 10:40 - AdvoBar
* 1:30 - Slow Cooker Burrito Chicken, salad with tomato and Ranch Spritzer
* 2:20 - Bag of mixed nuts
* 2:55 - Granny Smith Apple
* 5:30 - AdvoCare Recipe Chili(YUMMY!!) with sparkling water
* 7:30 - Two spoonfuls of PB
* 8:00 - Chili spoonful



You can see that I still eat a mass amount of food. This is not a diet fad. This is not scheme to lose weight fast and put it all back on. After the cleanse I will continue to eat healthy and incorporate some items back into my diet that I feel will help me with my training like Greek yogurt.

The key to all of this is WANTING to change. It has been super difficult to stay away from the Oreo cookies, sugar soaked cereal, creamer and coffee, and a bag of pretzels or chips. The payoff is that I feel fantastic and after four days those cravings are starting to go away.

I will continue to update my progress. I would love to help you out if interested in knowing more about the cleanse. I have a ton of information and have contacts with people who are experts.

GETTING IT DONE! means making healthy choices and doing what is right to be a good role model.

These changes are going to pay off big time as I continue to train for my first IRONMAN this summer!

No comments: