Saturday, November 3, 2012

Out Season: Week 1 Saturday - Workout #2: Bike

About three hours after my run, Ava was ready for a nap so I had grabbed my bottle of AdvoCare Arginine and Rehydrate combined with three Catalysts and jumped on the bike. I was not sure how this workout was going to pan out as I was wiped out from the run. All I really wanted to do was take a nap myself.

The workout for the bike today called for:

MS: 2 x 8' (2') @ 95-100%/Zone4/Hard. MS2: 2 x 15' (2') @ 80-85%/Zone3/Mod-Hard.

There is no volume goal with these rides so you ride with what time you have available. The key is to get the main sets accomplished. I wanted to ride for 60 minutes as that was the best time I had available without pushing the limits with things to get done today.

Here are my HR zones

 Here are my results from the ride

I started with a 15 minute warm up to ensure my legs were loose and ready after feeling tight from the run. I had a good warm up and then had to switch gears to the first main set.

It took some work to get my HR up to 143 - 148. I had to work hard to get it up there, but once there I was able to establish a nice rhythm and keep a good pace going for the duration. These eight minutes were tough. My legs were tired from the run so I had to push.

During the second 8 minutes I had to actually ease up just a bit as my HR was increasing quickly. I got it back in range and maintained.

The rest of the workout was not bad. It was all about maintaining and staying in the zone. I am glad to have this done and out the way. Time to work on the to do list.

No comments: