Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Out Season: Week 2 - Tuesday Bike

Today I woke up feeling better this morning. My legs were pretty sore yesterday as well as my knees and joints. Before bed last night I took AdvoCare Meal Replacement Shake, Omegaplex, and Nighttime Recovery. The key with this training is rest and nutrition. I knew that I needed to keep my body in line in order to keep pushing as the program asks.

The workout today called for

MS: 3 x 6' (2') @ 95-100%/Zone4/Hard.
Remainder of any time you have available (if any, not required) @ 80-85%/Zone3/Mod-Hard.

I started with a 15 minute warm up to get my legs loose and ready. Before working out I took AdvoCare Spark, Arginine Extreme, and Rehydrate all combined to get the body rest after a night of sleep.

After warming up I jumped into my first 6 minute set. I had a difficult time getting my HR for this lap up to 143-148. I know I was pushing beyond that towards the end, but my HR was not up far enough to start so the average number was lower.

Set 2 I traveled a bit farther and was right in line. My HR was above 151 but after watching the video the coaches created he stated to focus on RPE first, and HR second. It takes about 4 weeks for the conditioning of the body to parallel with the HR zones as needed. I am glad I watched that video or I would have done the opposite.

For set 3 my legs were tired and I had to push. I was right at where I was the second set. For this set I found a nice groove for the last 3 minutes where despite pushing hard it did not feel overly difficult. I knew my HR was high so I maintained.

I finished with a 20 minutes Zone 3 ride to finish things up.

During that time I watched some instructional basketball clinics. I could watch these all day long. There is so much to learn as a coach. I get into season and I just fall in love with coaching all over again. We open up tonight against PV. I know it is only 8th grade girls, but I treat it like I am a varsity coach. We have crammed a lot into practice in a short amount of time, but if they play like they are capable and BELIEVE in themselves we can be very successful. As I constantly teach the girls to BELIEVE it is always a good reminder to myself about believing in what I am doing and that I can accomplish the goals I have set out for myself.

Have a great day. BELIEVE and never stop GETTING IT DONE!

No comments: