Sunday, November 18, 2012

Out Season: Week 3 - Missed Workouts and Where I Go From Here?

I had the following workouts to get completed as I left for Denver Thursday morning. I worked ahead of schedule training on M,T, and W. I took Thursday as a rest day. This left me with Friday, Saturday, and Sunday to get these done.

Day 1

Bike MS: 2 x 10' (4') @ 95-100%/Zone4/Hard. MS2: 2 x 15' (2') @ 80-85%/Zone3/Mod-Hard.
Run: MS: Steady run as MP/Z2/Steady out, HMP/Z3/Mod-Hard back. If bricking, do 25' only.

Day 2

MS: 3 x 800 (3'), 1 x 1600 all @ TP/Z4/Hard. Remainder of run is how you feel, but try to accumulate more HMP/Z3/Mod-Hard time.


Friday after sitting in sessions all day I headed to they gym at the hotel and attempted to run. Being in Denver and 5000 ft higher up than normal I struggled. I just could not get going. My HR was sky high and I was barely running. My right knee was killing me so I called it after 20 minutes of running. To me it just did not seem worth it to continue running.

Saturday I was in sessions straight through from 8-5:30. I did not even eat lunch. I made it back to my hotel around 7:30 after dinner and went to bed. I was wiped out. I did not train Saturday.

Today is Sunday. I know that I need to get one of these workouts done. However, I have to remember the important things in life like family. I have not been home since Thursday. My three kids will be excited to see me. Amanda will need a break from the kids. Ava was up last night sick. I am thinking there is a good chance that I won't be training.

This will set me back. I will have to refocus for week 4 and stay strong through Thanksgiving. I am much stronger in my element of being home. The question I have is whether I take Monday and do one of these workouts I missed and then start week 4 on Tuesday like normal? Is this good or bad? I don't know, but will need to find out.

Life gets in the way. Like anything one needs to adapt. Time to get back to normal, healthy eating and training and pushing my mental state. Perhaps the few days off were good for my knee and my body to just recover a bit. I don't know.



No comments: