Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Out Season: Week 4 - Tuesday Bike Workout

Time to get back to training after having a bit of let down traveling to Denver and not training for a few days. I woke up early. It was tough as I did not leave school last night until 9 pm after coaching girls basketball, my son had wrestling and finishing up coaching my robotics team. It was a long day.

This morning the plan called for a 60 minute ride

Warm-up
5’ easy, 3’ standing @ big gear/low cadence, 2’ easy, then 12’ at Z3/80-85%/Mod Hard, then 3’ easy.

Main Set
MS: 2 x 10' (4') @ 95-100%/Zone4/Hard. Remainder of any time you have available (if any, not required) @ 80-85%/Zone3/Mod-Hard.

I also tested out Trainer Road. I have not regulated or tested my bike so this might not be completely accurate. I clicked on the 60 minute free where it did 10 minute intervals. These are not synced with my training, but I wanted to see what the site recorded. I have no idea what any of this means so I need to learn, but it looks promising for tracking data once I know what it all means.


It felt great to be back to eating healthy and training. I always feel more energized and better about myself when I stick to the plan. Back to running tomorrow and hoping my knee holds up. I need some ART with Dr. Walden. I also need to get my toe looked at. It hurts super bad and is very red and purple on the bottom. It feels like it is broken, but I am not sure how. 

Have a great Tuesday.

No comments: