Saturday, December 1, 2012

Out Season: Week 5 - Saturday Bike Workout, Run Tonight

I was able to get in the bike workout this afternoon despite just wanting to lay on my couch and sleep the afternoon away. I was not able to ride this morning due to my daughter having a sleepover and not having access to my bike.

Today called for a 75 minute ride

I did my standard warm up

5’ easy, 3’ standing @ big gear/low cadence, 2’ easy, then 12’ at Z3/80-85%/Mod Hard, then 3’ easy.

I then jumped into the main set

MS: 2 x 8' (4') @ 95-100%/Zone4/Hard. MS2: 1 x 5' (5') @ 95-100%/Zone4/Hard. Remainder of any time you have available (if any, not required) @ 80-85%/Zone3/Mod-Hard.

I could tell I had a day of rest because this workout felt easy. I rode based on my bike calculator even though it has not transferred to my workouts yet.

I entered my data at 202 for FTP and 245 for my VO2 power.

This is what it gives me. I had to ride my sets between 193-202. Despite having some mild soreness in my legs, this zone felt easy. It was not tough at all. I am ready to test again to see what I can do. I would assume that Zone 4 should not feel easy. This was not overly difficult. I can feel my legs being a bit tired now, but nothing like I thought it would feel.

I have to head to a birthday party this afternoon and then tonight I will head out for a 50 minute run and then get up early tomorrow morning for the longer run workout.

You can see from TR that I hit my zones perfect - Rides - TrainerRoad http://www.trainerroad.com/cycling/rides/116295 hitting 197, 199, and 199. It was a good ride and so happy I did not nap.

Hear is to a good recovery, not too much more junk food and to a relaxing run tonight.

Tomorrow I will post a new photo of my toe. It is still gross looking as it has finally ruptured and opened up causing a good deal of discomfort. Just thought I would you ahead of time that it is coming.

Enjoy your Saturday!

Here is the Garmin data




No comments: