Sunday, December 9, 2012

Out Season: Week 6 - Saturday Brick Workout

I made sure that I did not lose out on a run this weekend like last weekend. I was not able to train in the morning due to my youngest deciding to start her day around 6 am. Later in the day I got this workout in and went with the brick workout to ensure I did not lose out on the run.

I felt good during this workout. I was rather surprised by how strong I felt on the run.

To start I had to jump on the bike and do the following:

WU: 5’ easy, 3’ standing @ big gear/low cadence, 2’ easy, then 12’ at 80-85%/Zone3/ModHard, then 3’ easy. 

MS: 2 x 10' (4') @ 95-100%/Zone4/Hard.

MS2: 1 x 5' (5') @ 95-100%/Zone4/Hard.

Remainder of any time you have available (if any, not required) @ 80-85%/Zone3/Mod-Hard.

I programmed the workout in TR. I still don't know what I am doing wrong, but I set my zones in the workout, but when I go to do the workout my Power Zones are so much higher. I am doing or reading some wrong. Anyways, here is my workout on TR

Rides - TrainerRoad http://www.trainerroad.com/cycling/rides/122114



I hit all my goals as my Zone 4 is 193 - 202 and I was at 198, 196, and 198. I got in 80 minutes finishing up riding in Zone 3.


After the ride I checked quickly to make sure Ava was sleeping and jumped on the treadmill for the brick run of 30 minutes. Doing the brick it called for

MS: Steady run as MP/Z2/Steady out, HMP/Z3/Mod-Hard back. If bricking, do 30' only.


My zone 2 is 7:40 pace and my zone 3 is 7:22.

You can see I was pretty spot on. My first mile reads 7:51, but I think my first few minutes of building up to speed inflated the time because I was cruising towards the end as you can see mile 2 was 7:29. It is hard to gauge on the treadmill as my pace fluctuates up to 10 seconds depending on my stride. My last two miles I was at 7:18 and 7:14 running at the same speed on the treadmill so you can see the difference. I felt great and this run felt super easy. My legs were tender due to running on a treadmill. My body hates the treadmill.

I felt great getting this done. I could feel my fitness and speed picking up so it is great to see the progress. I look forward to the tests in two weeks.

The rest of the night was spent with my daughter who was turning 6. We hit up a pizza place she loves and all the games we could handle.

No comments: