Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Out Season: Week 6 - Wednesday Run - Not Feeling This One

Today I had the following workout to complete this morning.

MS: 4 x 800 (3'), 1 x 1 mile all @ TP/Z4/Hard (5').

I was just not feeling this one today. I had a terrible night of sleep not getting to sleep until late and then waking up several times as Ava decided to make her voice heard loud and clear. I woke up at the regular time of 4:13 and took in my AdvoCare and started to get ready. I knocked out some school work and next thing you know it was 5:10 and I was behind schedule. I forced myself outside so I would not skip and headed out.

I met all my goals of hitting my 1/2 mile splits at 6:54, 7:07, 7:08, and 6:59. I took about a 2:45 - 3:00 minute break in between as opposed to the 5 minute rest as prescribed because I forgot to look at the rest intervals.

I then took a longer stretch before the mile split due to a large downhill and uphill climb on my course. I decided to run through that and then do the mile on a flatter elevation. I hit my mile split at 7:09 and finished up with a nice cool down. My Zone 4 is 7:12 so I was on track for each split. However, my legs felt tired. I need a good night of sleep tonight and I will be good to go.



Overall, I am happy that despite not feeling it on this run I was still able to hit my goals. Today is about getting back to proper nutrition and hydration throughout the day and getting ready for a good bike workout tomorrow.

No comments: