Friday, December 14, 2012

Out Season: Week 7 - Friday VO2 Bike Workout

This week has been a bad week in terms of training, eating, stress, and just life of teaching and parenting. I am not going into all the details because nobody cares except my own family, but needless to say I feel out of sorts and working my way back. It is that time of year when there are a million things going on with multiple deadlines.

I missed the run workout on Wednesday as I did the Tuesday bike workout that day. I opted to skip the run because I was feeling a little under the weather and run outside I felt would send me over the edge and I needed to be close to a bathroom in case of an emergency. I had planned on doing this workout on Thursday with the run workout today, but after a long day yesterday I skipped the workout and chose just to let the run workout go.

This morning I got up and took care of business and completed this VO2 workout from yesterday. I felt good on the bike. I pushed hard and actually recovered very easily with not even feeling like I worked out. I always feel better after a good workout.

The plan today was

MS: 3 x (4 x 45/45) @ Vo2/Zone5/Very Hard. Take 2' easy between each set of 5 x 45/45's.

Remainder of any time you have available (if any, not required) @ 80-85%/Zone3/Mod-Hard.

These are Vo2 sets, as equal parts "ON" and "OFF" time, where ON is done at your Vo2 power, Z5 heart rate, or Very Hard effort, and OFF is at 65% power, Z1 heart rate, or Easy effort. For example, for the 45/45's, you will do 45" ON, then 45" OFF, repeating this for the specificied set.

Rides - TrainerRoad http://www.trainerroad.com/cycling/rides/126724


My Zone 5 is 243 or above and you can see I hit those spot on today with 244 being my lowest and even having a couple in the 250 range. I am feeling much stronger on the bike each week.


Tomorrow I will get up super early for the bike workout and brick run as I have a full day of robotics competition with my robotics team. By the time I get home from that long 10 hour day I know I will not want to do anything.

Here is to a good Friday and weekend.

No comments: