Thursday, January 3, 2013

Out Season: Week 10 Thursday VO2 Bike Workout

This morning my alarm was turned back on to get me up at 4:13 as I am back to teaching today. I got up, had a small cup of coffee, AdvoCare Spark and Rehydrate, and got some work done before riding at 5. It was awesome to have the workouts already created in TR. That was like a great late Christmas present.

I loaded up my computer and TR, turned on The League and took care of the following workout.

MS: 2 x (5 x 1/1) @ Vo2/258/Very Hard. Take 2' easy between each set of 4 x 1/1's. Remainder of any time you have available (if any, not required) @ 80-85%/172 - 182/Mod-Hard.



Rides - TrainerRoad http://www.trainerroad.com/cycling/rides/144396





I hit all intervals and it was a good challenge. What I found to be the hardest was the ride afterwards. I typically have done the 25 minute warm up so after the intervals I don't typically have much left to ride. Today I only did a 10 minute warm up which was plenty and that left me with about a 30 minute ride afterwards. Despite being harder for me I know that this is much better for me. I will continue to do this from now on.

Tomorrow is supposed to be a rest day, but I need to swim. I have not swam since the Pigman Long Triathlon in August. I have missed the pool. I need to get back in the pool as I have a race on January 27th which is three weeks away. I need to get back to remembering how to swim and get my fitness back on cue. I don't know if my swim gear will fit as I have packed on about 20 lbs.

Time to get back to work and school. Having routine will be nice. I am motivated to eating good again and slimming this body down by the 27th so I don't look gross without a shirt.

No comments: