Saturday, July 20, 2013

Coffeechug Cafe Podcast #2: Why Classrooms Need To Go Global and Real World



Click to Listen

I do apologize for my voice during this podcast. I had a bit of a head cold as of late. I hope to be back to normal soon.

In order to go global in your classroom and develop a real world audience, you have to first understand WHY you need to go global and bring in a real world audience. I believe there are four key reasons WHY you need to connect with the world and bring down your classroom walls before you learn HOW to accomplish this goal.
  • 1. Power of One
  • 2. Idea Generated Jobs
  • 3. Real World Skills
  • 4. It is our reality
This podcast will address why these four reasons are so important for understanding why we need to expand our classroom boundaries to a global perspective.


I will be creating a future podcast about HOW to do this and share my experience and journey from starting very small to where I am today. There is not enough time in one podcast to do both.

Listener Questions

Brett Murrey @Sciology asked two great questions

  1. How do you increase your audience to reach more people in a global classroom?
  2. How can I develop myself as an educator to bring exposure to my teaching practices for real world or global classrooms?


Announcements


  • Still looking for suggestions for a 10-15 second theme song.
  • If you are interested in connecting for a podcast let me know. I am always open to ideas so if there is something I share online via the #coffeechugPLN, this blog or elsewhere that you want to know more about please let me know.
Episode Resources

In this episode I mentioned several resources, including:


Subscription Links

Your Feedback


If you have an idea for a podcast you would like to see or a question about an upcoming episode, please email me at aarmau (@) gmail (dot) com or you can leave a comment.


Also, if you enjoyed the show, please rate it on the iTunes Channel and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out! Thanks.


Question: "What is the right kind of education to prepare our students for the future?" Please leave a comment with your answer!


I look forward to hearing your thoughts and ideas on what I shared. Thanks for listening.

No comments: