Saturday, September 14, 2013

Your life is an illusion #bettpassion #coffeechugPLN

What do you want to accomplish? Really?

What are you going to do today? Achieve goals or really just work on getting through life?

When you die and life is over, what goal is it that is really important for you to accomplish? Basically, I am asking you to consider your legacy. So what is your legacy? Is that legacy what is really needed?

I am serious. Creating stuff is not legacy. You have to have an impact on society. But is that impact really important? This is deep. I am feeling like these thoughts are a swirl in my brain today.

Life is about balance. I need to provide for my family. Provide food and shelter. Cheetos and a house with more than one floor? Not needed, but we enjoy it and they do provide temporary pleasure.

I think goals can be a facade for feeling important in life. I mean I love goals. I blog about setting goals and aspiring to make a difference, but the goals are a skewed vision of life.

I wrote a list of goals already for 2014. Yes, I am thinking next year already. And yet these goals are really not essential. They will leave no lasting impact on earth. However, it is part of my balance to find who I am. To challenge myself. Find the life beyond my comfort zone. Those goals help me find life beyond the mundane which gives me perspective and ideas to share on my #coffeechgPLN platform to create conversation about higher levels of thought.

That is important. That is a great legacy. To have people think about themselves so they can think bigger picture and beyond the selfish ego. If it requires creating goals to reach that level of thought, then go for it.

And yes, I ended up right back where I started. Trying to figure it all out.

No comments: