Saturday, October 26, 2013

Coffee Chat Tuesdays - I am creating Tinker Time in my school! #itlchat #coffeechugcafe #coffeechug{:N

Well, the title is a bit misleading as I don't really have coffee to serve.......yet.

With a shuffle in things here at BMS I will get coffee up and running soon, but for now the title remains.

I am trying to find a time in the day that is easygoing, but a place to share out ideas, ask questions, and brainstorm.I know plates are full and meetings are rampant, but here is what I am going to put together.

Tuesdays 6th, 7th, and 8th period if you have nothing going on please come down to my room.

During this time we will develop BMS Tinker Time - http://coffeeforthebrain.blogspot.com/2013/10/teacher-tinker-time-where-is-it.html

You can read the blog post linked, but these things are not allowed to be brought into the room.
  • grade papers
  • lesson plan
  • destress about students, life, school
  • do paperwork
  • attendance
  • PD
  • etc.
Instead during this time they enter an Innovative Studio, Tinker Lab, whatever you want to call it and just 
  • play
  • color
  • experiment
  • engage in conversation about wild ideas
  • design
  • build
  • draw
  • brainstorm
  • act like a child
Those that enter will come with crazy big ideas to share, celebrate their successes, or come down play with legos and other nerdy things.

No complaining, no excuses, no whining, no negativity.

Time to just chill, brainstorm, chat, and leave refreshed and and excited to try something unexpected.

So feel free to stop down. I will be there. I will have some things set up in case we have nothing to talk about. I have always wanted to build a herd of Lego elephants that communicate with each other :)

Maybe I will see you Tuesday, maybe I won't. No worries either way!

Coffee will be around sometime in the future!

No comments: