Alright, we are going to host and run our very own Twitter Chat! We have been working through various tasks and getting used to Twitter and how it works. It is now time to plunge into the world of Twitter Chats.
When? Tuesday, April 23rd
Time? 8:30 pm central time
This task is a bit different from previous tasks. For this one I am asking for your participation. I am asking that you join the chat and test it out to see what it is like. It will help you connect and see how one of these sessions go. I hope that this will inspire you to find other chats and want to continue to be part of these one hour sessions.
Here are the steps to ensure that any Twitter Chat is successful. At least this is what I will be using to get this first chat started and on the right path. I know there are many more steps, but in general I think these are key.
1. Find a time. I hope this does not interfere with too many other powerful chats. I know that there are chats that are going on during this time, but I don't think that can be avoided anymore with so many to choose from.
2. Hash tag as short as possible. I probably did not do a great job as the hash tag is #coffeechugPLN but it will have to do as we have been using that for the course so far.
3. Create a supporting website- I have developed a page on the PLN Crowdsourcing wiki for educators
4. Find experts in the field- I will be broadcasting this chat out with everyone I know and hope that they will come and offer their expertise to those who are new to this system.
5. It helps to have a co-host
6. Tweet out reminders a few days out and slowly count down the time to help promote.
7. Provide a summary of the chat. I will be doing this and sharing at the page mentioned above.
Your objectives for this task.
1. Try to make the #coffeechugPLN twitter chat.
2. Have some answers to the questions prepped before so you can easily add websites, links, etc. to your tweets.
3. Share and broadcast this chat to your networks. Be part of the movement to connect others to join our chat.
4. Test out some 3rd party software(our next task in the course) like Tweetchat or Tweetdeck to help follow the chats more easily
4. Think about being a host/co-host for a future chat.