Sunday, September 20, 2009

Book Review


I have a fascination with writers from the UK. It started last year as I was in search of some new authors to share with my 6H3 students. I began to look outside the country and I fell in love with the authors from the UK. Their style and sense of humor(humour) was something new and fresh for me. I continue to seek authors from over seas and recently I came across an author who has a great writing style that I must share with my audience. Her name is F.E. Higgins (her website is very cool) and I recently read her latest novel, The Eyeball Collector.

The following description comes from an UK website http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/h/f-e-higgins/eyeball-collector.htm

When his butterfly-collector father is swindled to within an inch of his life, a vengeful Hector leaves the city of Urbs Umida in pursuit of a fiendish villain with a glass eye. The trail leads to Withypitts Hall, a forbidding Gothic mansion as warped as its inhabitants and their secret schemes. Soon Hector finds himself embroiled in mysterious deeds more poisonous than his worst imaginings, but every twist and turn brings him closer to his revenge ...The third dark and diabolical book from a devilishly talented author.


I highly recommend this novel. I have now ordered her other two books and look forward to more books from her in the future. Once again, she has helped me to fall in love with another author from the UK. UK authors have not let me down yet.

No comments: