Saturday, October 17, 2009

Six Sentence Saturday

Welcome to Six Sentence Saturday.

Where I try to express my thoughts on recent reads using only 6 sentences!!!!.

I have taken this idea from many different blogs. I really liked the idea. I am not going to rate the books as that will go into my review when they are finished. These will be books that I am currently reading, but have not finished. I will also change the parameters in that I can only write six sentences total no matter how many books I write about. I have to choose my words wisely.

1. Hate List - Jennifer Brown
I cannot describe the thoughts in my head right now. I cannot stop reading this book and I feeling a range of emotions that I went through when I read After by Amy Efaw.

2. Dirty Little Angels - Chris Tusa

Another engaging read that takes a look at society in present tense. It is not young adult(even though I do hate the label/genre title for personal reasons) because I would not be able to recommend this to my students due to certain scenes. However, I think it is worth reading so far and I cannot wait to find out how it will all come to a close.

3. Paper Towns - John Green

I have one sentence left so all I can say is that this is another amazingly genius(if that even makes sense) by one of my(if not my #1) favorite authors.

3 comments:

susan said...

MM,

Love this meme and your comments. I'm going to try this particularly since I'm pathetically slow about writing full reviews.

I've heard a lot about your favorite author. Did you know in one school system they are circulating his books from one reader to another across states and countries? Look here and please join us for Diversity Roll Call. We're looking at the Problem Novel.

Mr. Maurer(coffeeforthebrain) said...

Thanks for the comment and positive notes. Yes, I have read about this. Thanks for sharing. I am currently working on my answers to your website and will have those posted soon.

Mr. Maurer(coffeeforthebrain) said...

Thanks for the comment and positive notes. Yes, I have read about this. Thanks for sharing. I am currently working on my answers to your website and will have those posted soon.