Saturday, November 7, 2009

My favorite author WINS!!!! John Green

*This is a special edition of Saturday Morning Insights*

Paper Towns by John Green is the Top Teen Read of 2009! Congratulations to one of the greatest authors of our time, John Green!

I know this came out a couple weeks ago, but I kept forgetting to post about it on my blog. I am now marking this off my checklist of things to put on my blog. Not that this is not important because it is, it is just that I have so much to share that I became temporarily sidetracked.

Here is the whole Top 10 Teen Reads list:

  1. Paper Towns by John Green(I have read)
  2. Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer(Yes, I have read)
  3. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins(Yes, LOVED IT!, Why only #3?)
  4. City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare(In my TBR pile)
  5. Identical by Ellen Hopkins(Of course I have read this, her stuff blows my mind)
  6. The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman(Booktalked this bad boy already, yes I read it)
  7. Wake by Lisa McMann(Also read this one, quite good, still need to read the sequels)
  8. Untamed by P.C. and Kristin Cast (Have not read nor considered reading as of this time)
  9. The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E. Lockhart (Was in my TBR pile only to be lost in shuffle before being returned without being read... So Sorry!)
  10. Graceling by Kristin Cashore(Also read this one, a fantastic story!)
Until next time

3 comments:

susan said...

Hi Mr. Maura,

Love the Green title. Know about 80% of the others. Interested in Wake because the author is from Michigan. Love Gaiman. I will likely read Cashore because I like to know firsthand why a book is popular. Lockhart, heard nothing but good things just haven't gotten to it.

The absence of color on the list bothers me and there's not point in my not being direct on that. I don't know if POC don't aren't appealing enough or if they aren't promoted enough but the absence bothers me.

coffeechug said...

You make a very valid point. I did not even take the time to look at the list in that context. I am going to have to go back and examine the other nominations and see if there is indeed any diversity even listed.

Mr. Maurer said...

You make a very valid point. I did not even take the time to look at the list in that context. I am going to have to go back and examine the other nominations and see if there is indeed any diversity even listed.