Monday, January 4, 2010

Week With No Meat - Day 1

So today I began two things.
1. Eating with no meat as you are well aware of by now if you follow this blog
2. Eating healthy

I will tell you that both things have already proved to be a challenge. I made a healthy smoothie this morning for breakfast that consisted of oatmeal(the plain terrible tasting kind), blueberries, honey, whey protein, and milk. Halfway through my in-service today my stomach was growling. I had a snack of a Kashi protein bar. I went home for lunch so I would not overindulge myself and had a mushroom pasta meal with a handful of granola. So far so good. I also ate some yogurt later in the afternoon. The true test will be dinner. Thank goodness coffee has no calories so I don't have to give up all my food cravings.

Update: I had eggs and whole grain waffles for dinner. I find myself hungry all the time which is part of the process of changing my eating habits. Off to play basketball and eat some PB and J to get ready for working out tomorrow.

I wanted to share with you an interview with the author that my dad found for me. Check this out. Very interesting.


Watch more AOL Personal Finance videos on AOL Video

No comments: