Thursday, February 18, 2010

Music Memory Lane: Robert Bradley's Blackwater Surprise


When I was in high school, my buddy Adam and I would go to one of several music shops that we visited frequently and about once a month we would randomly pick out about 5-7 cds to try and find some new amazing musician. One of those trips lead me to one of my favorite cds of all time and it was Robert Bradley's Blackwater Surprise first major label cd. This cd is unbelievable from track 1 to the last note. Very rarely does one find a cd that is perfect from beginning to end. However, this cd is an all time classic. This cd has not left my car in about 2 weeks and every morning I find myself singing at the top of my lungs. This cd just grabs at the soul and does not let go. His voice is not perfect, but it is honest and raw. For some reason the fact the he is blind just adds another powerful level to his music. Anyways, as I dig through my books I have begun to dig through my cds and this is one that I share here for you to explore. If you like blues, rock, and a cd that will grab you and not let go, then find this cd online(I am sure you can get it cheap) and find some awesome music.


No comments: