Monday, July 19, 2010

Question to Ponder?

Last night I attended the Brad Paisley concert with my wife and we had a great time in row 11. Brad put on a great show, but I am telling you what Darius Rucker is a tough act to follow. I am calling it right now that he will be headlining his own tour this winter or next summer once his next album drops. He can flat out entertain. There was some great music as there were 6 artists out playing. Anyways, here is my question for you. Last night Darius performed a version of Let Her Cry from his Hootie and the Blowfish days. He really winds it out and at one point I was in a trance where I really felt the pain of the woman he was singing about. In reality, I know that he has performed that song thousands of times, but it is not too often when an artist can have you singing and smiling and the next feeling sad and depressed(not to add that the song "It Won't Be Like This For Long" chokes me up to think my little Addy will move on one day) . The only person who has been able to pull that off and I still refuse to believe anyone could do it better is Adam Duritz of Counting Crows. So the question that I have for you is twofold:

1. Which song do you think is better at grabbing your emotions the live version of Let Her Cry(a video of live performance below) or Counting Crows A Long December?

AND

Do you have another song/artist that you think is just as good at grabbing your emotions and jerking them around? Please post a link in the comments.



1 comment:

Frankie said...

Whenever I listen to Like A Song by Lenka, I feel very sad. It is a very good song, and one of my favorites, and the live version she did was amazing. There were no instruments - just her and old radio recordings from World War II.