Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Book Review: Ghost in the Machine by Patrick Carman

This book is AWESOME! This book is the sequel to Skeleton Creek. Skeleton Creek was a huge hit in my middle school last year after a few book talks. The kids loved watching the videos and reading the book to see what would happen next. This novel is the sequel about what  happens next(duh..hence the reason it is a sequel, but I don't want to give too much away). I think I can honestly say I liked this better than the first one and rarely does that happen. A few videos scared the crap out of me. I am not gonna lie. I was reading the book alone in my house on my iPad and boy did I jump one time. I love the storyline. Ryan and Sarah are perfect compliments of one another. They continue their sneaking around via email and video feeds to discover what is going in the dredge. If you have not read the first book, Skeleton Creek, stop reading this right now and go read and watch! I am not joking. Then go read the sequel because book three is slated to come out in September. So many good books coming out this fall. You better go. This storyline is scary, but not inappropriate for middle grade audience. No bad language, not blood or gore. Just a great story with some good spooks along the way. I don't want to say anymore about this book in case you have not read the first book. I am coming close to reading about everything by Patrick Carman and I swear he has never left me disappointed and I can honestly say I think he is currently one of the best YA writers out right now. I don't know of many others who can write books and keep you wanting more. Come on September, I am ready for book 3 even if my psyche is not yet ready.

Go to his website to learn more about this series and the other books he has created.

No comments: