Sunday, August 22, 2010

Teacher Mystery Challenge 2.0 - Week 1

We held this little challenge last year where I submitted some random questions out to the staff and the ones that took the time to complete the questions I posted here on the blog. I would post a new mystery teacher each week and students and staff had the chance to read the clues and vote for who they thought the teacher was for that week. I am hosting this little challenge again this year. I have sent new questions out for everyone to answer and here are the questions I had them answer.


  1. What was your favorite toy when you were a kid?
  2. If you have to choose a movie title for your life story, what would that be?
  3. Which is your wish that is not yet fulfilled?
  4. What really gives you the creeps?
  5. Why do women shave their armpits and men don't?
  6. If you could be any male/female sports star, who would you be?
  7. If you were going to be stuck on a deserted island, which 5 books, movies, people and foods would you take along?
  8. What do sing in the shower, if you do sing?
  9. Would you rather be attacked by a big bear or a swarm of bees?
  10. What was the last concert you saw?

Last item is for you to provide at least three things about yourself that others may not know or clues you want to offer about who you are. This will help us with the voting of the mystery teacher. You could throw in a photo of yourself or whatever you feel. 

Here is the first contestant on the Teacher Mystery Challenge 2.0. Read the answers, maybe go out and ask some questions to the teacher(s) that you think this could possibly be and then vote over in the sidebar. Next week, I will announce the correct answer to see if you were correct and post another round of questions. Good luck!
  1. What was your favorite toy when you were a kid? When I was a kid I was very excited to get an ATARI video game system.  Pacman was new at that time and I was very good at it.  I remember scoring so many points that the score started back at zero again.  I also enjoyed playing the football game on it.  That game had only 3 men who were all in a row and they chased the ball around the screen.  The graphics were definitely not like today’s games.
  2. If you have to choose a movie title for your life story, what would that be?  My title would be – “An education is the magic carpet that can take you anywhere.”  My sisters and I were the first generation in my family to earn a college degree.  Those degrees have helped to shape our lives for the better.
  3. Which is your wish that is not yet fulfilled?  I have always wanted to visit Australia.  There are so many interesting and unique animals there and I would love to see the Australian Outback.
  4. What really gives you the creeps? I am someone who always sees the good in other people.  It gives me the creeps to know that there are so many people in the world who are willing to harm others; especially children.
  5. Why do women shave their armpits and men don't?  Well, have you ever watched monkeys at the zoo?  Men have and think that it is cool for women to check them for ticks.  Women think men are stupid!!!
  6. If you could be any male/female sports star, who would you be?  I am a big Donald Driver fan.  He is a receiver for the Green Bay Packers.  In college Donald promised his mother he was going to give her a better life and has.  He is a blue collar type player.  He doesn’t need the fans to notice him yet he does whatever it takes to help his team to win. 
  7. If you were going to be stuck on a deserted island, which 5 books, movies, people and foods would you take along? I would want to bring the Professor with me off of Gilligans Island because he is so good at inventing things.  He was always so close to getting everyone rescued and now with experience I am sure he could accomplish the feat this time around.  I also would want to bring the movie Fast Times at Ridgemont High because I can watch that over and over again but I never get tired of it.  I would bring a fishing pole.  I might not catch anything but I could always send a fish tale message in a bottle about the one that got away.  I would also have to bring my sunglasses because you never know when a talent scout may come along looking to create a Reenactment of Tom Cruises Risky Business.  You have to always be ready.  Finally, I would bring along my Spanish textbook from College.  Not because I would want to read it I might just need to start a fire and I did not get a good grade in this class.
  8. What do sing in the shower, if you do sing?  I do not sing in the shower.  I do however love to sing in my truck when my daughters are with me.  Whenever I drive by a group of their friends I roll down the window and start to sign “Skydiving” as loud as I can.  Believe me – my girls love it!!!
  9. Would you rather be attacked by a big bear or a swarm of bees?  I would rather be attacked by a Bear because I would first paint a white line around me and I know that I have never seen a “Chicago Area Bear” cross a white line at any time.
  10. What was the last concert you saw?  I haven’t seen many concerts lately but I do go to Disney on Ice every year with my family.  We take my children’s Great Grandparents and Grandparents along and have a really special time every year. 

Last item is for you to provide at least three things about yourself that others may not know or clues you want to offer about who you are. This will help us with the voting of the mystery teacher. You could throw in a photo of yourself or whatever you feel.

I had 7 brothers and sisters.  Our mother died at the age of 37 leaving children from the age of 16 – 6.

I graduated high school and college with Mrs. Fausts’ sister.  She was younger than Mrs. Faust.  I earned my masters while attending school with Mrs. Reid. 

I had two dates for prom at the same time when I was a junior in high school – until they found out about each other!!!!

No comments: