Thursday, September 9, 2010

Half Marathon Training – Week 10

Last night I was able to get in my 3 mile run. Legs felt good even after lifting legs earlier in the morning. In the morning we performed
Squats 5 x5
DB Split Squat 2 x 10
TRX Trainer Suspended Pistol Squat 2 x max
Hanging Knee Raise 2 x max

I ran 3 miles in 26 minutes at a 8:21 pace.

This morning I ran 7 miles. The first 4 miles I ran at an 8:21 pace. I then ended up at the high school where I ran .25 mile of stairs followed by a .5 mile run on the track and ending with .25 mile of stairs. I may have ran a few more tenths of a mile on the stairs as I did not realize until the end that my watch had a hard time recording distance when I ran down the stairs. I then continued to run 2 more miles at around 9:00 mile pace. I decided to throw in the stairs to begin to prepare for the Chicago Urbanathlon. I realized this morning that I need more practice on stairs and other obstacles. My legs were burning as I took off trying to run after the stairs. I have a little over a month to prepare so I have plenty of time(I hope).

No comments: