Friday, October 1, 2010

Chicago Urbanathlon Training - Week 1 - Friday

This morning there was a chill to the air. All I had was my watch, shoes, shorts, and t-shirt. I knew that I would not need anything more as I would be plenty warm trying to keep pace with Mr. Shepperd on our 5 mile run this morning. We ran 5.5 miles in about 44 minutes which comes out to a 8:07 pace. This sounds good, but let me tell you that we started out slow just getting loose by running a 9 minute plus mile, followed by an 8:47 mile, then at 8:07 mile, a 7:46 mile, and then a 7:16 mile. That was our five miles. We thought we had just a short distance to the intersection of the Y so we decided to sprint it in. Well, that ended up being about a half mile and we ran a 6:08 mile pace for that half mile. Needless to say, I thought I was going to barf at the end. A few minutes of walking I was back to normal feeling good. Have a good day today and enjoy the weekend. I hear there is frost in the forecast! Don't be afraid to push yourself to see what you are capable of - I pushed myself this morning and once again realized that I can take my training to a new level.

No comments: