Thursday, October 21, 2010

A Video, A Slideshare, and questions about teaching this generation

I came across an interesting video while reading a post on Angela's Blog that showed some interesting facts about college students. What I liked best about the video was not so much the stats, but how everything was generated. The students collaborated and created something of their own via the internet.

It was instant.

It was organized.

It was their world.

I teach at a middle school level where students don't think twice about using Google Forms in my classroom. I am very close to being a paperless classroom.

I am constantly trying new things (some work and some don't). I need to do even better and connect with the students more.



While reading all my tweets from my Twitter account I came across this slideshare presentation that has some really great Web2.0 features and programs.


Why do I share all of this? I want to know what you are using in the classroom? What tools have you begun to incorporate to meet the needs and learning styles of this generation? If you are a student, what more needs to be done? How should things change to meet your needs? Please share what works well for you to learn and to teach.

Don't forget to join my Diigo groups where I have been sharing some websites and tools that could of great use to anyone involved in education i.e. parents, teachers, students, etc.(Click on the Diigo tab at the top of the blog)

No comments: