Monday, December 20, 2010

100 Push-up Challenge - 7 Week Training

I needed something to help jump start my motivation to getting stronger, leaner, and faster with my running. I purchased three books and am currently starting the 7 Weeks to 100 Push-Ups

I started with the initial test after reading how the program works. I had to see where my current status is so I know what program to go with. I completed 40 push-ups placing me on the Advanced Training - Level 2 pathway.

Saturday I decided to give the Week 1 training a try just to see. I will go all out starting on Monday, but just wanted to give it a try.

Here is what I needed to do.
Set 1 13 - nailed all 13
Set 2 - 15 - nailed all 15
Set 3 - 10 - nailed all 10
Set 4 - 10 - nailed all 10
Set 5 - 12+ - knocked out 50 and felt a major burn

I look forward to knocking out a circuit training and the workout again on Monday. Will keep you posted.

Time to get serious. Contemplating a race at the end of January. If I go with it, then time is against me. Decisions Decisions.

No comments: