Sunday, January 30, 2011

Coffee For The Brain Book Tournament - Author Contacts - Alison Goodman

I have been contacting the authors once again when their books make it on to Round 3. Here is the first author I have heard back from.

Thank you Alison Goodman for taking time to respond.


Here is what I emailed to her:
Good afternoon, my name is Aaron Maurer and I am a gifted education teacher for Bettendorf Middle School in Bettendorf, Iowa. I have operated a blog now for the students for the last two years where I read and review books. This year I was awarded grant money to run a book tournament where students nominated books to be read, we paired them off for judges to read, and they had to make a decision as to which book is better and why. You can find all the details on my blog(posted below).

Anyways, I am contacting all authors that I can to let them know when their book makes it to the next round. Your book has passed Round 2 and is now in Round 3. Congratulations to you and your novel.

I also am contacting you for the fun aspect that if you would like for me to add anything on my blog to help promote your book that I would be glad to do so. The students would to have any author participation in any capacity that they can. I am leaving things open as I know that you are probably super busy, but just wanted to make you aware of what some amazing students and staff members are doing in the state of Iowa.

Have a great day.





Here is what she responded with.

Hi Aaron,

I am thrilled to hear that EON has moved on to Round 3.
I do have some information for your blog, if you think your students would be interested:
EONA, the sequel, to EON is due to be released mid April and I have made the Preface and Chapter 1 available for download from my website at
www.alisongoodman.com.au
The Preface is a catch up from what happened in Book 1 - EON - so readers should know it contains some spoilers!
I will attach a pdf of the US cover if you would like to use it.
Thanks for lettting me know about EON's success so far.
Best wishes,
Alison


Here is the cover. Does it not make you want to read the book RIGHT NOW!!! Thanks again Alison

No comments: