Yesterday was the first day back in school with students. I also started coaching basketball today for our 8th grade team. Needless to say it was a rough day. I woke up again to no alarm clock working again(yes, I have finally put the old one to rest), but was able to still get in a good 3 mile run and Ab Ripper X as posted yesterday.
The rest of the day fell apart quickly.
- Morning meeting at 7:15 that I was late to because my daughter caught pink eye late the night before and it did not improve with the medicine so my wife had to run out to her school for sub plans thus pushing the time factor(not my wife's fault, just that fact of life of kids)
- Spilled coffee all over at school
- During lunch we were out of spoons and forks for the 50th time this year. Seriously, I have to go refill the silverware drawer at least 3-4 times a week. At one point does the people who take the last fork or spoon actually go to the cafeteria and refill? This person or people are probably the same ones who take the last ice cube from the tray and don't refill with water. Drives me nuts
- Burned my hand on the steam release on my meal
- Spilled my meal on my pants
- Back button of pants got stuck on chair while trying to get up to clean myself
- Go the restroom after lunch where the other person in the restroom turns the light off on me forcing me to finish in the dark. The crazy thing is that I heard them turn the lights off, say "Whoops!" and then decided to leave.
Why do I share all of this? For no other reason that there are things in life we cannot control. They only thing I can control is my response. My response was not good. After getting home from basketball I ate a massive handful of gummy bears, way too many carbs devouring mashed potatoes, and then slurping down a sundae from Dairy Queen. Everything that I had been working so hard at(I know only two days) went out the window in a matter of an hour. I marked my food journal and realized what a mess I made of my eating.
Today I must regain my composure. I am battling the factors of children again as both were up all night as part of the Barf Brigade. They were puking something fierce. I don't even want to describe the smells to you. Needless to say I am tired.
I did get up and do a great workout. I knocked out the Shoulders and Arms workout today. It really helps using the Fitness Tracker 90 app to record everything.
This is how the workout went.