Friday, February 4, 2011

Coffee For The Brain Book Tournament - Author Contact - Nancy Etchemendy


I have been contacting the authors once again when their books make it on to Round 3. Here is another author I have heard back from.

Thank you Nancy Etchemendy for taking time to respond.


Here is what I emailed to her:
Good afternoon, my name is Aaron Maurer and I am a gifted education teacher for Bettendorf Middle School in Bettendorf, Iowa. I have operated a blog now for the students for the last two years where I read and review books. This year I was awarded grant money to run a book tournament where students nominated books to be read, we paired them off for judges to read, and they had to make a decision as to which book is better and why. You can find all the details on my blog(posted below).

Anyways, I am contacting all authors that I can to let them know when their book makes it to the next round. Your book has passed Round 2 and is now in Round 3. Congratulations to you and your novel.

I also am contacting you for the fun aspect that if you would like for me to add anything on my blog to help promote your book that I would be glad to do so. The students would to have any author participation in any capacity that they can. I am leaving things open as I know that you are probably super busy, but just wanted to make you aware of what some amazing students and staff members are doing in the state of Iowa.

Have a great day.

Here is her response back.



Hi, Aaron--

I am totally jazzed!  Way to make a writer's day.  :-)  I am, of course, delighted and gratified that the students are enjoying my book, and I hope it keeps on going through the rounds a while longer.  I had a lot of fun writing it.  I had to draw a chart to keep track of the different chains of events in the different "unnings" Gib did.  Complicated, sort of like working a puzzle.  People ask me all the time whether I'm going to write a sequel, and I say that I just don't know yet.  Maybe.  Meanwhile, students might be interested in reading "Unarctica," a blog I kept during a month-long trip to Antarctica aboard an icebreaker.  It features Gib, Rainy, and Ash.  Best place to start is probably http://etchemendy.com/unblog/?page_id=2

THE POWER OF UN and two of my other books, THE WATCHERS OF SPACE and CAT IN GLASS are currently available on Kindle.  For a list of all of my available books, see my web site at http://etchemendy.com/pubs.htm

Keep drinking that coffee!
All best,
Nancy Etchemendy

No comments: