Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Training - Week 1 - Midweek Report

I jumped back on the saddle this week.

No more excuses. I have plans to run 5 races this fall and summer.

Monday we lifted weights in which we have not done in quite some time. I am still very sore this morning especially my legs after doing squats.

Tuesday we jumped out for a 4 mile run. It was cold in the morning at 5 am.  Being only my second run in two weeks time I knew I was going to hit a wall. A wall I did hit. I ran the 4 miles in 32 minutes with a 7:51 mile pace. We started off at a pace I could keep up dialing in mile one at 8:21 and mile 2 at 7:54. At mile 2 my body started to shut down. I knew it was coming, but I fought through it while my racing buds took and left me in their dust. I ran mile 3 in 7:38 and mile 4 at 7:30 in which I thought I was going to throw up. It is not wise to eat right before a run when have not ran in a while.

Wednesday I woke up sore. Actually I was up since about 3 am as Ava was up and Amanda(god bless her soul) was taking care of her. However, I am not one who can go back to sleep easily and every time I heard Ava I was awake. Go figure that Ava finally goes to sleep at 4:33 which is 2 minutes before my alarm. I got out of bed and head to the Y.

We wanted to run a little over 4 miles today. We were all tired and sore from running, lifting, and other activities. We started slow running mile 1 at 8:48 and mile 2 at 8:18. Mile 3 we were still moving pretty slow at 7:46, but then for some reason we decided to push that part of the run. I was left behind, but ran mile 4 in 7:14 and was running a 7:03 pace for the last .4 of my run putting my 4.4 mile run in at 34 minutes.

Things are getting better. I am slowly getting my running stride back, but still have a long ways to go.

Keep pushing forward everyone.

No comments: