Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Training - Week 4 - Week 2 of Marathon Training - Wednesday 4 Mile EZ Run - I was moving today!!

Today I was slated for a 4 mile EZ run.

I was worried that this run would not go well. I woke up unbelievable sore from running straight for several days now in addition to the TRX Core workout from Monday and the push-ups. Also, my feet on the bottoms have been in some serious pain(not injury pain, but sore pain). I know I am whining here, but just wanted to set the record straight that I was not expecting much.

I also made an agreement with myself that I would just go out and run and not worry about time, but only worrying about the 4 miles I needed to get in. This really helped pass the time, but I sure did run a lot faster than I intended.

This was supposed to be an easy run. It really felt easy. I did not struggle despite how terrible my legs felt in the morning.


I ran the four mile run 28:57 which is a 7:11 mile pace.

Mile 1: 7:23
Mile 2: 7:03
Mile 3: 7:12
Mile 4: 7:06

I finished and could not believe my time. I recovered very quickly in about 15-20 seconds my heart rate was down to 132. I finished up with a .5 mile cool down and ended with my 100 Push-Up Training

Set 1: 14
Set 2: 17
Set 3: 13
Set 4: 13
Set 5: 18+(I did 20)

A good day. The rest of the day was busy. I had to squeeze this run in between all the stuff going on today. I had to find time. I had to MAKE time to GET IT DONE!

I hope I feel this good tomorrow on my 12 mile run! YIKES

What are you doing to get it done?

No comments: