Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Book Review: Thank You Notes by Jimmy Fallon

Book Description


Jimmy Fallon is very thankful. And in this first book to come from his TV show, he expresses his gratitude for everything from the light bulb he's too lazy to replace to the F12 button on his computer's keyboard. He thanks microbreweries for making his alcoholism seem like a neat hobby. He thanks the name "Lloyd" for having two L's. Otherwise it would just sound like "Loyd." He thanks the slow-moving family walking in front of him on the sidewalk. Without this "barricade of idiots," he might never have been forced to walk in the street and risk getting hit by a car in order to get around them.

He's thankful to you, the person reading this right now. It means you're considering buying this book. You should do it. You will be thankful that you did.
My Thoughts
This is a MUST READ! This book is by far the funniest thing I have read, maybe ever!!! No joking. I read this the night before school started and it was the perfect thing to put my mind at ease. I love Jimmy Fallon and just reading this little notes made me smile, then laugh, then laugh some more, and finally a few put tears into my eyes due to my laughter. I hope you find them just as funny. If not, then I am a dork.
It is a not a long read as each page contains one Thank You Note. I am almost inspired to create a little online project for others to create and share their own Thank You Notes(maybe this is already being done, I don't know).
I will be buying this book to have in my collection as it is worth every single penny. If you need a good laugh or something to have out when feeling stressed, then you need to have this book. Go Jimmy!

No comments: