Wednesday, September 28, 2011

GETTING IT DONE! - Fear


Are you paralyzed with fear? That’s a good sign. Fear is good. Like self-doubt, fear is an indicator. Fear tells us what we have to do. Remember our rule of thumb: The more scared we are of a work or calling, the more sure we can be that we have to do it.
Resistance is experienced as fear; the degree of fear equates the strength of Resistance. Therefore, the more fear we feel about a specific enterprise, the more certain we can be that that enterprise is important to us and to the growth of our soul.

The quote above comes from this site

I was going through my emails this morning and trying to eliminate the clutter. I had this linked in an email I sent to myself and reading this quote after my marathon Sunday it really clicked with me. 

I would not go so far to say I was paralyzed with fear for my marathon, but I was nervous. I had doubts. I knew that I had trained properly and was ready, but that foreboding sense of fear was always casting a shadow over me. 

Read this quote made me realize that this fear was a good thing. This marathon was important to me. It allowed me to grow. I pushed beyond limitations that I did not think possible.

I had to do this marathon. It opened up some new opportunities for me. What those opportunities are I don't know yet, but I know they are just right around the corner. Don't always fear the fear, but embrace it and realize that you can overcome the fear with your hard work and preparation. If what you are scared of was not important to you, then you will not feel fear.

No comments: