Thursday, September 8, 2011

Training - Week 16 - Week 14 of Marathon....only 18 days

Yesterday I did not get my run due to a poor night of sleep and oversleeping. My foot was a little tender and running all over the building and football field launching rockets, exploding pop with mentos and hamster maze races probably did not help matters.

I woke up this morning and my foot was hurting. I was a little bummed because I was not sure how the run would go. I took off and it was a beautiful morning. It could not have been a better morning to run. I took off and about a quarter mile in my foot felt like it loosened up and felt really good. It was one of those runs when you just look around while running and remember why we run in the first place. I took time to just enjoy the run. It felt great to be out letting my life move at a nice and peaceful rate and just take it easy. Things have been so incredibly busy this year that it is important to take time to slow down. My runs are my escape.

I ran 6 miles in 49:54 for 8:14 pace. My foot felt great until around mile 4.5 when I had to stop for a car and my foot flared up a little. I cannot figure my foot out and still praying that my MRI Saturday shows a healthy bone in my foot.

For some reason...I am thinking it is the fact that race is 18 days away I have self doubt about this marathon. I don't feel prepared despite sticking to the plan except for all of 8 miles last weekend. I know I am ready so I attribute the thoughts to nerves and this darn foot problem.

Off to the races of getting three kids ready for school and myself. Have a great day and I hope to have another great morning of running tomorrow when I head out for 8 miles.

No comments: