Monday, October 31, 2011

Training - 19 Days Until LHF Race

Got out this morning for a great run. The temperature was perfect. Very little wind and it was nice and calm out. This was a needed run. I don't know what my deal has been lately, but my eating habits have been terrible. With a little less than 3 weeks until the race I really need to tune in my eating and knock off a few pounds.

With that being said, I really wanted a run yesterday. With all the little stresses in life I did not make it out the door yesterday. I typically run in the morning, but the rain came and sitting in the rain watching Aiden play his final flag football game of season I was not motivated to go back outside. So yes, I made excuses and was not strong enough to battle my way outside.

This morning I was strong enough. I took off for a 5 mile run and ended up running 6 miles. I finished the run in 47:55 for a 7:58 pace. The last mile I really pushed my body and mind to endure being tired. I need to push myself. I need to get my mind right and get focused. This little test was just what the doctor ordered.

Mile 1: 8:30
Mile 2: 8:16
Mile 3: 8:13
Mile 4: 7:55
Mile 5: 7:33
Mile 6: 7:19

I am planning for a at least 20 miles running and 25 on the bike this week. Off to a great start this week.

Amazing job to all the runners this weekend at state. I have followed many of you and your hard work all season shows in the results. There are too many of you who are not only amazing runners, but amazing people.

No comments: