Sunday, October 23, 2011

Training - 27 Days Until LHF Race

Tonight I finally mustered up enough mental stamina to get out and run.  I wanted to get up early and run this morning, but for the first time in a long time Ava pretty much slept through the night and next you know it was 7:00 am. We had another busy day of things to do and places to attend so the morning flew by and the afternoon was history. By evening time I was tired. I felt really worn down. I decided to give the run a try. I wanted to get 7 miles in to get 20 miles of running in for the week and to also begin to build my mindset of 7 miles for the race coming up.

Being as tired and unmotivated as I was it hard to tell whether it was my body giving me the signals to back off(I just rode 25 miles on a bike yesterday) or if I was just being lazy and needed to suck it up. I voted to get out and run, gauge my body signs, and go from there.

I took off feeling not too bad. The weather was perfect for a run. I took off on mile 1 at a 8:13 pace. I felt good. From that point on I knew that my body needed this run. It felt great just being out running. I was actually wishing I finished this run earlier in the day because I knew it was just what my mind and body needed. This was a hilly run. I battled a few hills that I have not ran in quite some time and it was good challenge. I kept a good pace running

Mile 2: 8:14
Mile 3: 8:17
Mile 4: 8:10
Mile 5: 7:44
Mile 6: 7:27
Mile 7: 7:13

I felt fantastic towards the end. I don't know what kicked into my system, but I just felt like I could run faster and faster. I wanted to push more, but I knew that I better not push too much too soon. My knees were sore from the bike ride yesterday as well as one hamstring and my bike riding regions. Man, it felt great to feel great running. I have not had that feeling in a long time. It made it even better based on how terrible I felt prior to running. I ended up running the 7 miles in 55:33 for 7:55 average pace. I have not seen this pace time in a long time.

I believe I ended up with 20 miles running and 25 miles on the bike for the week along with two circuit training sessions. I have not had a good week of overall training like this in a while. A perfect way to end the week.


No comments: