Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Training - 31 Days Until LHF Race

Burr! It was cold this morning. Took off on a short 2.25 mile run to the YMCA. Ran this in 19:00 for 8:26 pace. My lungs were freezing. It was cold, but towards the end I was warmed up and ready to go. However, I was at the Y to get some endurance lifting in.

At the Y I completed one round of the following workout. I completed them all except #1 as I could not remember what to do. This was a tough workout. I am still sore from the workout on Monday.


Stretch/Warm Up
1. Staggered Push Ups w/ Hip Extensions - 20 total (1o extensions each leg)
2. Lunge w/ Curls and Press - 20 total (10 each leg)
3. Spider Push Ups - 20 Total (10 each leg)
4. Hamstring Curls on Ball - 20 with Both Legs, 10 on each leg, 20 on both legs
5. Plank – 1 Minute and 30 Seconds
6. Side Plank Shoulder Raise - 15 each side
7. Jump Squats - 20
8. Regular Push Ups – 30
9. Side Plank w/ Hip Raises - 30 seconds each side
10. Bicep Curls – 7s - Read Description on Video
11. Bent Over Rows - 2 sets of 20
12. Medicine Ball Get Ups – 1 Minute
13. Roll Ups – 1 Minute
14. Medicine Ball Twists - 1 Minute

After this workout I picked up my bike from a friend who was nice enough to buy this bike for me. Well, I am going to pay him back, but while I was out in San Diego last week this bike popped up on Craigslist. It is my size and was selling for $80. It is a 2003 Fuji. Not a bad deal. I have been looking for a bike to begin my training for triathlons. 
I thought it was cold running. It was freezing riding this bike. I put on a light on my head so cars would not hit me as it was still pitch black out. It felt good to be on the bike. I have some serious learning to do about switching gears, when to switch gears, hand position, body position, etc. The gear shifters are down below and not on the handlebars so I have to get used to that as well. However, it was a good smooth ride that has me excited about my goal training and completing a triathlon.

Overall, it was a hodgepodge of a day with running, lifting, and biking. Not a bad way to start a Wednesday.

No comments: