Saturday, November 5, 2011

Training - 13 Days Until LHF Race and Governor's Run Tomorrow

I have to give much credit to my wife who help motivate me get out the door tonight to get my miles in. I did not get up and run as planned this morning(I was however quite productive doing other required tasks). Amanda found the strength to get out and run this evening as the sun was going down way too early. I had to follow suit and get my run in.

I wanted a 10 mile run today. Instead I went for a 5-6 mile run. Right before leaving to run I decided on the spot that I am going to run the Governor's Run tomorrow which sounds quite interesting. I found out tonight to put duct tape on my shoes and to wear gloves for the ropes. I have no idea what I have signed up for, but tomorrow afternoon I will discover what this 4 mile run all entails. I am excited. I don't have a time goal of any sort. I honestly know anything about the course besides it is 4 miles of trail and natural and man made obstacles along the way. It sounds like a mess and a load of fun.

Tonight on my run I wanted to run a little faster than normal, but nothing to wear me out for the race tomorrow. I wanted to find my threshold where running was still very easy so I can use that pace as a ceiling for tomorrow. I ran 5.1 miles in 39:29 for a 7:43 pace. My goal tomorrow is to run faster than that(excluding obstacles).

It was beautiful weather. I was actually hot running. How often can one say that in Iowa in November? I am going back to the football games and to prep for my race in T-Minus14 hours. Let the good times roll.

Keep working hard to accomplish GETTING IT DONE!

No comments: