Thursday, December 15, 2011

Triathlon Training: Week 3 - Thursday Foundation Run with a Mile Finisher

Ran this morning with Chad. We had a 45 minute foundation run to get in. We took off at a nice easy pace. As we neared the end of the time we realized that we would be running a little over 45 minutes to get back to the Y. I wanted to make sure I got 6 miles in this morning. At mile 5 I felt the urge to push my body a little bit and not just run nice and easy. I decided to pick up the pace and see what my body could do. I ran mile 6 in 6:38 which is a fantastic time for me. The great thing about it was that I felt I could had pushed harder(didn't to avoid injury) and I recovered very quickly when I finished.

Since I have started my triathlon training I feel my runs have been more productive. My body feels ready to take on the roads. Today I ended up running 6 miles in 50:28 for 8:23 pace. My HR was pretty consistent during the first five miles ranging in the 145-155 range. It felt nice and easy.

Back to the pool tomorrow. If only swimming felt as easy and good.

No comments: