Thursday, December 22, 2011

Triathlon Training: Week 4 Recovery - Thursday Group Run

Another great group run this morning. We had six running this morning. The group of Crazies is staying strong. Nick joined us this morning before swim practice. Jane and Nick started early around 4:30 and met up with us at 5:00. Gaffney, Uhde, Wheeler, and Pancrazio all joined in this morning. It was great to see Phil join us. It is great to see so many active people each morning. The Y really is a happening place and a great source of motivation at 5:00 in the morning. We made our way down Devil's Glen, to the bike path to 23rd, and then back to the Y. The hills were a nice little challenge this morning.

Once again the weather was perfect for a December run. I cannot believe that we have been this fortunate. Last day of school before break. It will be nice to spend some time with family and friends.

I still need to hammer out one more bike ride and possibly a long slow run with the Leadville group tomorrow before the holiday traveling.

Have a great Thursday and keep living the Uncommon Life.

We completed 6.41 miles in 56:11 for 8:46 pace. My average HR was 147 so I was good there. Another great morning. Thanks everyone who came and ran.

So far the legs feel good. I hope they continue to feel this good after the bike and run in the last 12 hours.

1 comment:

Phil Pancrazio said...

Thanks Aaron. I enjoyed running with the group Thursday morning. My Tues/Thursday spin class will keep me from joining the group regularly. Each winter I have hopes to continue running outside but usually don't follow through. Maybe this winter will be different. Especially if the weather keeps cooperating.