Thursday, February 9, 2012

158 Days - TRX Training Wake Up Call and IT Band Stretch

Here is the plan I did last night during halftime of the Duke - North Carolina game. I busted out my TRX to work on some strength. I have neglected this for quite some time and it was very obvious during the workout tonight.

The focus of the workout today is functional strength. Ensure you maintain controlled movements and only continue each exercise while you can maintain perfect form. Do not rush the exercises and focus on total core and specific muscle recruitment. Ensure you warm up with 5 - 10 minutes of light cardio activity and dynamic stretching to prepare the body for the routine.

Repeat 3 to 4 rounds with 1 to 2 minutes of complete rest between exercises. Remember, perfect form throughout.

TRX Squat - This felt good to get back in lifting mode. This is just body weight, but it felt good

TRX Single Leg Squat - Wow! I could not maintain balance even with the TRX as a balancing tool. This was  wakeup call as to why maybe my knee hurts. I need to get my body tuned up. Glad I started this.


Hamstring Curl to TRX Hip Press Combo - This one kills me. It really puts some major stress on the hammies and the knees. The key is good form. This was was brutal.
TRX Situp - Felt good here, but still tough.

Hamstring Curl to TRX Hip Press Combo - Yes, again!!!!

Atomic Push Up - This one makes you sweat for sure. Great challenge

Power Pull - Great way to end the circuit.

I only did two rounds. I did not want to overdo it for the sake of my knee. Two rounds was plenty and I was done in 15 minutes. Glad I forced myself downstairs to get this done.

I did some stretches for my IT Band


Sitting IT Band Stretch

Foam Roller Stretch -Ouch! Ouch! Ouch!

No comments: